Friday, February 8, 2008

Allow me to think this out loud(ish)

I was watching Return of the Jedi until just a moment ago. Everybody gasp in surprise and amazement. It's the enhanced version of the disk though, and just at the part with the new-fangled horrible-pop Jabba's palace scene. So I figured I'd take the opportunity to write out some thoughts and not suffer through the travesty that has become of the Max Rebo band. They were far better off playing disco-jazz-funk-infusion. What were you thinking George?

Anyway, my real dilemma revolves around my current housing situation. My boss recently offered to rent a house to my family for a very generous price. Should we accept the offer, we'd be whisked away from my in-laws basement and one upstairs bedroom where we live now and moved halfway across town into a "fixer-upper". Now, I use the term "fixer-upper" loosely - my first impression was more like "tear-it-down-and-build-a-new-one-er".

We save approximately a thousand a month by staying where we are, but sacrifice independence and some extent of privacy. Also to consider, is that renting from my boss would create a certain job security, but on the other hand renting from my boss might also incur many unforeseen stresses in the workplace. I think my gut is telling me to wait for something a little better, with a completely fenced backyard for the puppies and that doesn't require a platoon of molly-maids to make it habitable.

More importantly than any of this however, is that the dreadful scene I spoke of earlier is now over and I can now go watch Luke defeat the rancor. Go Jedi!

2 comments:

Idiot on a Stick said...

I'd go for it myself, just because it's a house and you'd get to fix it up the way you'd like it and put in your own fenced backyard - maybe the boss would be willing to cough up the money for materials if you were willing to do the work.

Canadian Mark said...

Done and done. I knew I'd come back around to deciding this again. You make very valid points, jafer. Thank you.