Monday, December 10, 2007

Of ball pythons and light-sabers.

I noticed Armand out on his rocks this evening, and decided to take a little reptile friendly photography. This is, of course, Armand from my wife's "The Ark" post from not so long ago.

Armand-01

It almost looks like he's been over-photoshopped, but in fact I've done nothing but crop and darken the image a little. In effort to not stress our cold blooded friend out, I opted to not use a flash, and instead did a timed exposure while 'painting' the inside of the tank with a medium strength LED beam - hence the blueish tinge.

That's it for the ball python portion of the post. As for the light saber part, I take no responsibility for the following vid - just something I found a while back and it still makes me laugh uncontrollably so I figured I'd share. Tis the season and all....



An elegant weapon, for a more civilized age. :-)

5 comments:

Suzi said...

Okay, I can handle a little decapitation now and then, but that snake?!? It lives in your house?! Seriously? Please tell me your going to have it made into a pair of shoes!

Oh, I know. I'm only kidding. Nature and all God's creatures and stuff. But man, snakes give me to totally irrational willies of the worst kind.

Idiot on a Stick said...

I must be sick, I found that video amusing too. But not the snake.

evenstar said...

Hi Orgodemir - thanks for dropping by the Dreaming Track. How come no-one likes the python? He's a beauty!

Canadian Mark said...

Suzi: This snake is of the gentlest sort. In fact, he says to send you a hug :-)

idiot on a stick: You seem like a snake person... I don't get it.

evenstar: Thank you for the well placed compliment.

Idiot on a Stick said...

Nope, not a snake person. Although they don't scare me the way they do some people.